Friday, 20 June 2014

Evaluation
Placement

My initial ideas for a work placements were; Tate, Blueprint festival, Walker art gallery, The Bluecoat and Open Eye Gallery. This is because I wanted to show my art skills and to try and understand what that things you have to do when you’re in the art world. That is because I have so many skills in the field of art I wanted to show them all.
I couldn’t get any work placement in any of those places just because you had to apply last year to get it but the job I went for after that was more jobs that will take on volunteers so I searched the web to find volunteers wanted. I found a job working in the Williamson Tunnels so I sent them an email about my experience and how much this would help me with my project and they contacted me back to come in on Thursday.
The placement I got in the end the worry I had was more would I hurt myself do you have safety features she told me all on Thursday of what I would be doing and showed me all the safety features and they made me sign an insurance form so if I did get hurt they would know who to contact if I was bad hurt. The expectations was to mostly learn about the history of the tunnels and why they were made. The aspiration is that I love history and I never heard about these tunnels before and I wanted to know more about them.
The job I had was working behind and till and the people I worked with was nice people because they was helping about so much and making the tunnels bring in money. When I worked behind the till I felt great just because I got to see new people every day and understand why they came to see the tunnels and when they gave me there money and a donation to the tunnels I felt great I felt a part of the family because we are all helping out. The people I worked with was really nice it was different people every day so I had some new to talk to that was great because I getting more commutation skills.
The surprise I had mostly on the placement was going on the bottom of the tunnels and it felt great to be at the bottom of it I got loads of pictures but the main reason I was down there was to find these ducks to put into the bottom on the pit because the pit has water in it. That was a fun expirations I went down mostly because I was young that what they said we had a laugh about that.
The skills I used when I was there was mostly multitasking and teamwork because there the skills I had so far the skill I was learning the most when I was there was communication because of the amount of people going on the tour and I had to answer the customers and try and find out how they heard about the tunnels.
I would do this placement again because it was fun and I get to meet new people every day most of them are from around the world and they come all this was to learn the history of Williamson and why he made these tunnels so yes I would. Just because they made me feel like family when I worked there and we work as a team.












Evaluation
Journal and Presentation

The journal went very successful because I want it to have an old feel to it and I got that I spent I bit much on it and cut into to it and made it smaller but it was worth it because I really like what it looks like it what I was going for to be honest. You learn of the expectation I learn from my work placement and how I felt working there and the history of the placement. Because you will understand the thing I learnt in the place and the people I meet. Then you see how much fun you can have in the work placement and what you can really learn in there and then meet new people from around the world.
The things I put into my PowerPoint was how much the tunnels has changed since it opened in 2002 and what it looks like now and I wanted you to understand of how much change has happened in the tunnels and the more history they found of Williamson because I show you a map of the tunnels the ones that haven’t been found yet and I show you the ones that have and I think that’s great to find all the tunnels he has been working on.
The role I had was working behind the till I didn’t show it in the presentation because I wanted to talk about the history of the tunnels more I put it in my journal because you will understand how I feel more working there and the things I leant and the people I meet.

The overall experience of the placement was great because I didn’t expect to learn new things and learn more about the history of Liverpool and Williamson because I didn’t know how Liverpool fc got there name until I learnt it in the tunnels I didn’t really know about the tunnels but I didn’t know they was working on them at the time for about 34 years But the overall experience was fantastic and I would love to do it again but I want to learn more about Williamson because how he went from a poor man to a very rich man when he died.

No comments:

Post a Comment